In depth Intro course for those without experience and those who love the group atmosphere with lots of demonstrations and one-on-one assistance. This course uses Soapstone or Alabaster and traditional stone carving hand tools.
OBJECTIVE: To complete your own stone sculpture from concept to final presentation in an easy step by step process!
What you will learn:
- Material properties for different stones
- Techniques using hammer and chisels and specialized tools
- Developing 3D concepts and how to see them in the block
- Step by step process of stone removal (subtraction)
- Chisels: points, claw, flat, rondell
- Files: rasps, riflers, diamond vs steel
- Marks and textures
- Sanding, polishing, types of waxes, oils ...
- Finished Presentation: bases and pinning
....many people have taken this course with zero experience in the arts and have completed beautiful sculptures!
Oliver has been sculpting with stone for 16 years and teaching stone carving for over 6 years. He brings his experience in carving numerous types of stone and enthusiasm for the material to each class.
All tools provided
Choice of Soapstone or Alabaster
8 Week (Tuesdays) $250 + $40 material fee Register Here
Please contact Oliver to see if space is available